Smoothing Serum (also known as Botox, Neuromodulators, Neurotoxins, Anti-Wrinkle) injections eliminate, remove and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face or body by weakening targeted muscles and causing them to relax. The result is a more rested, rejuvenated look.
As we get older, our skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. In addition to the natural aging process, sun exposure, lifestyle, stress, genetics, and poor skin care can contribute to wrinkles. An injection of the neuromodulator Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, or Jeuveau (Botulinum Toxin) in targeted areas of the face or body relaxes the muscle beneath the wrinkle, allowing the skin to lie silky and smooth. Smoothing Serum treatment results in a natural, brightened appearance.
Smoothing Serums prevent, reduce and remove the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face and body. They can also be used for sweating in overactive areas such as armpits, hands, and feet; as well for reducing discomfort in areas of muscle spasticity such as frontal migraines, neck pain, and back pain.
FREQUENCY OF TREATMENTS
1 session every 3-5 months
HOW LONG IT LASTS
Smoothing Serum Injections can safely and successfully treat wrinkles that are caused by muscular movement. It takes 24-72 hours for the serum to take effect, reflecting the time needed for the neuromodulator to disrupt the synaptosomal process. The final result of the Smoothing Serum treatment appears on day 10 post-treatment.
Applications of Smoothing Serum include:
- forehead wrinkles
- eyebrow lift (droopy eyebrows)
- frown lines or “11’s” (vertical creases between the eyebrows)
- crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- bunny lines (lines on the side of the nose)
- gummy smiles (reduces appearance of gums when smiling)
- grinding and clenching of the teeth (TMJ)
- jaw reshaping for a slimmer jawline
- treatment for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of armpits, palms and feet)
- smile lift (drooping corners of the mouth)
- pebble chin (dimples and creases on chin)
- prominent neck bands
- lip lines (smoker’s lines)
- nose tip lift (drooping nose)
- lines beneath the eyes
- facial asymmetry from Bell’s Palsy
- nasal flaring
- horizontal neck lines
- facial twitching (eye twitching, blepharospasm)
- neck & back pain (cervical dystonia, thoracic dystonia, lumbar dystonia)
- facelift (Nefertiti Lift)
- rosacea (blotchy reddening of the skin)
Results typically last 3 to 5 months depending on the individual and the area being treated. Regularly scheduled treatments will prevent the wrinkles from returning to full strength and improve long-term results, virtually reversing the aging process. If treatments are discontinued the targeted muscles may regain their strength and return to pre-treatment appearance.
To reduce the risk of bruising, do not take any anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for 1 week before the Smoothing Serum treatment. This includes Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Antihistamine Medications, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Garlic supplements. Avoid consuming alcohol the night prior to Smoothing Serum treatment.
Do not schedule injections before an event. Allow at least 2 weeks before any major event in case of any bruising or swelling occurs.
- Do NOT rub or manipulate the area that has been injected with the Smoothing Serum solution. This can result in migration from the targeted muscle.
- DO exercise the treated muscles for 1-2 hours after the procedure. (e.g. practice frowning, furrowing, raising eyebrows, squinting, etc). This helps the solution bind to the targeted area, and will lengthen the duration of the result.
- Stay in an upward vertical position following your treatment. DO NOT lie flat or move into a forward bending position for 2 hours after the procedure. Lying down can cause the solution to migrate from the targeted muscle and lead to complications.
- Although some patients may experience treatment effect in 24-72 hours, most patients do not notice full treatment effect for 7-14 days following treatment.
- Although extremely rare, allergic reactions to the Smoothing Serum can occur. If you experience EXTREME skin redness, swelling or rash, of SEVERELY swollen or puffy eyes, or SEVERE headache, you may be allergic to or have developed antibodies to the serum from previous treatment. You MUST call the office immediately to be seen.
- No straining, heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for 24 hours post injection. It takes the serum approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start working; we do not want to increase circulation to the injected area which can result in the migration or “washing away” of the product.
- The art of injecting is not an exact science. On rare occasions, the desired effect may not be achieved. This simply means that your muscle is stronger than the average muscle and you require additional units.
- After Smoothing Serum treatment, if you have questions, concerns, or experience any problems, please call our office at 212.517.1855.
We provide Smoothing Serum treatment in the following cities and counties in New York:
Cities & Towns:
New York City, Mount Kisco, Goshen, Nyack
Westchester County, Orange County, Rockland County